Since attendance is one of the key factors in whether or not a student is successful in school and graduates we, in conjunction with our partners, created this attendance guide. It is intended to be used as a facilitation tool by school staff with parents. Our hope is that parents take it home and stick on the fridge.
The guide provides:
- Ready reference information on homework help, nurse advise, and a number for finding resources. It also provides a spot where families can write down important school phone numbers.
- Tips on what the family can do to develop good habits.
- Guidance on when a child is too sick to go to school and ways that families can keep children healthy.
- A bit of education on the differences between excused and unexcused absences and warns of the risks of missing too many days of school.
- Select the language
- Download the pdf file
- Set your printer to:
- duplex (print on both sides, flip on long edge)
- legal size paper
- Fold using the dotted lines as guides.