Del Archuleta is a native New Mexican and has devoted his life to giving back to the community and improving the lives of New Mexicans. He is considered one of New Mexico’s most committed and humble public servants.
For over 40 years his impact has been profound, using his public service, community service, and engineering expertise to benefit others.
He is a Civil Engineer and has been the CEO of Molzen Corbin for over 30 years, one of New Mexico’s largest and most respected engineering and architectural firms.
He is most proud of:
- Being able to use his engineering profession to make a difference in the quality of life in communities throughout his home State of New Mexico.
- Serving as a voice for educational reform in the State.
- Having the honor of serving on the Board of Regents and being awarded an Honorary Doctorate by his alma mater, New Mexico State University (NMSU).
- Meeting and learning from other talented and committed individuals through his work on public and private boards.
- Being blessed in raising three outstanding sons and being married to his wife of 40 years, Rebecca Gonzales Archuleta.
Distinguished Awards and Honors:
- In 1996, Del was appointed by Governor Johnson to the NMSU Board of Regents, where he served two terms as President of the Board. Then in 2003, Governor Richardson appointed Del to serve on the New Mexico K-12 State Board of Education where he was subsequently elected Chairman. In 2013, Governor Martinez appointed him to the State Board of Finance and subsequently reappointed him to serve another term this year.
- Honored with the Governor’s “New Mexico Distinguished Public Service Award” for his commitment to his community and bettering the lives of New Mexicans, 2003.
- Recognized by New Mexico Business Journal as one of “New Mexico’s Most Influential People,” 2000.
- Honored with the “National Community Service Award” by the American Consulting Engineers Council, 2000.
- Selected for the New Mexico Society of Professional Engineers “Ingeniero Veterano de Nuevo Mejico” award, the highest State Society award for lifetime service and achievement, 2011.
- Presented with the “2010 Distinguished Citizen Award” by the Great Southwest Council of the National Eagle Scout Association, 2011.
- Consistently recognized as one of the “100 Power Brokers” by New Mexico Business Weekly.