Plans for Mission: Graduate's 2019 Attendance Team Support Conference are underway and organizers are calling for presenters.
This year’s conference will focus on sharing team strengths and working through barriers to success. The conference will be held on Sept. 17 from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Embassy Suites in Albuquerque. Registration will open later this summer.
The team seeks enthusiastic and knowledgeable presenters who can convey the steps and processes taken to achieve success in a particular area. Presenters can submit proposals for one of the following categories:
- School-based team successes
- Successful alignment of school systems
- Successful student and/or parent engagement
- Using data to transform our work
- Connecting schools to resources
- Implementing the attendance for success act
- Working through stumbling blocks
Presenters have the option of presenting in two formats:
- A 45-minute Interactive Workshop that provides participants with hands-on activities, tools and strategies to take back to their schools. The last 10 minutes should be set aside for questions.
- A 15-minute Presentation on an idea or success. This will follow a Ted Talk style which includes a 10-minute presentation with PowerPoint. The last five minutes should be set aside for questions. Three presentations will be selected to fill a 45 minute session.
Proposals are due Monday, May 6, 2019 at 5 p.m.